Winter is coming and your country club is closing down in the north. You are about ready to come to South Florida for the season and now you ask: “Where am I going to play golf?”
You have three essential choices in Boca Raton or anywhere in South Florida:
- You can play a number of municipal courses in the area where you have carry your bag to and from each time, where you never know how slow the round is going to play or whether or not you can even get a tee off during the season.
- If you can buy into any number of country clubs in South Florida that offer unlimited golf. But you will be paying hefty up front fees for the bond or initiation because the country clubs are mandatory where if own you MUST become a member of the club. If you rent in any of the mandatory country clubs, you still maybe limited in playing golf.
- Or you can take advantage of the only country club in South Florida that offers you flexible memberships for snowbirds, snowflakes or permanent new residents no matter where you live in South Florida.
That is the Club at Boca Pointe, where you can pick and choose the membership plan that fits your personal needs for golf without the financial commitment associated with country clubs. Because it is non-mandatory the Club allows new members to become either Annual Golf Members or Premier Members.
The difference between the two offerings is simple. Annual golf provides members with the opportunity to play unlimited golf, bag room storage, locker and the ability to lunch on days golf is played, limited dining privileges and the opportunity to participate in men’s and women’s leagues and other golf special events. Also, this always for seven-day tee time signup, which is very attractive to new members
The Premier Membership with golf allows for the members to purchase memberships for as little as three months to 12 months in the first year and from four months to 12 months after the first year.
This membership incorporates the full run of the club from use of the Sports and Fitness Center, full dining privileges at any of the club’s venues, card rooms and special events as well as full golf privileges as outlined above. Tennis can also be added to a Premier Membership with or without golf.
“It’s very simple,” says Helen Karpel, general manager of the Club at Boca Pointe, “our club is structured in such a unique way that actually allows people to define their own lifestyle by designing a membership that fits their needs as a seasonal visitor or a new permanent resident to the Boca Raton area. That philosophy coupled with the fact that you do not have to live at Boca Pointe to play here, makes us a unique asset in providing a country club experience without the financial commitments usually associated with country clubs.
A little rain here, a couple of spritzes of fertilizer, aggressive weed control and a well-structured aeration program and what do you have?
One beautiful golf course…and that is the Club at Boca Pointe’s 18-hole golf course.
One of the members said it best:
“The women of the South Palm Women’s Golf League praised the golf course after one of their weekly tournaments by being in excellent condition, said Sue Getz, a Club at Boca Pointe Premier Member.
This group plays weekly at different golf courses in Palm Beach County, a hotbed of golfing all year long.
Many of the men from other country clubs who have played in their South Palm Beach County League have made similar comments during their weekly play.
“The summer rain has been a definite help,” says Buck Deibel, Director of Golf who also oversees golf course maintenance. “We are working very closely with our maintenance team where we have instituted some aggressive programs that are being to reap good results.
“One of the areas that we paying special attention to us our tee boxes that get heavy play during the winter season. We will rebuild some while others we are using temporary tees so that the boxes can heal.”
What is especially exciting is that the golf course is it such great shape as the Club at Boca Pointe awaits the return of its equity members and Premier Members.
The Club at Boca Pointe is a non-mandatory club—the only full service country club in South Florida where do you not have to live at Boca Pointe in order to play there and without any financial commitment.
The Club at Boca Pointe features two very unique membership programs:
- The Premier Membership, which enables members to have the benefits of a country club lifestyle commensurate to the length of their stay in South Florida. For the first year, membership runs from four months to 12 months and for the second year and every year thereafter, it is a three-month minimum to 12 months. The basic membership includes full run of the club from social, card rooms, dining, social events and use of the new Sports and Fitness Center. Golf and tennis can be added as necessary.
- Annual golf is also available for those that only want to play on the plush course. The memberships includes full run of the course, card fees and limited dining privileges.
The blending of Equity members and Non-Equity Premier members at the Club at Boca Pointe becomes the cutting edge of a new wave for those who want the country club experience without the typical country club financial commitment.
“We are not only unique, but we are setting a trend in the industry,” says Helen Karpel, general manager of the only private country club in South Florida that offers an extremely flexible membership program.
“While we welcome Premier members to convert to equity, and some do yearly, it is not mandatory. This freedom largely contributes to the Premier membership’s appeal, resulting in the robust growth of the Premier membership program with minimal turnover.”
What makes the Premier membership so unique and appealing is simple:
- Members can pick the number of months they wish to belong from three months to 12 months the first year and then from four to 12 months thereafter.
- Members do not have to live at Boca Pointe to play there.
- Members can choose the level of participation from social to tennis to golf. They have the same category choices as the equity members with very similar privileges.
“There are some interesting and exciting facts about the Premier Membership program,” adds Karpel.
- The return of migration continues to benefit not only South Florida, but the Club at Boca Pointe because it is non-mandatory. Members, regardless of where they live, want to be members.
- The number of months that Premiers decide to “buy” continues to increase each year and the members extending the time period beyond that season’s initial commitment continues to increase.
- The level of involvement in club life continues to grow. “This year alone, we have seen many more Premier Golf members join the Ladies and Men’s golf leagues as well as many more overall Premier members playing cards and using the fitness center. Additionally, our dining rooms continue to show healthy gains in usage.”
The Club at Boca Pointe continuously enhances its physical amenities as well as its memberships. In the last several years, members are enjoying a new upstairs lobby, new downstairs restaurant, lounge and lobby, an improved golf course, and a new sports and fitness complex – all without an assessment. This upcoming summer more enhancements will be introduced. It is a fabulous time to be a member at the Club – to have a place to bring guests and be proud.
Joining the Club is as simple as taking the first step to learn more about the many membership opportunities and how they meet your interests. The Club welcomes you to call 561-864-8539 to ask questions, set up an appointment and even take a tour of the Club.