The water is too hot; the water is too cold! These comments are commonly heard in South Florida throughout the year. When the Club at Boca Pointe holds its morning aquacise classes at the Sports and Fitness Complex, however, it is adjusted just perfectly for an enjoyable workout. Regardless of the temperature or time of the year, three-quarters of the Club’s beautifully maintained pool is filled with those members doing their “thing” in the water.
“It is by far one of our most popular classes,” says Sherri Giannone, director of athletics for the only country club in South Florida where members can not only design their own lifestyle, but they can play at Boca Pointe without living there. “Water aerobics has always been one of our most popular classes. We can average 15 to 20 people during the off-season and close to double that during season,” she adds.
“The success of our water aerobic classes is no different than our regular aerobics. Boca Pointe knows the teacher is paramount to offering better classes, which results in the strong response we receive from our members year-round,” she explains. “Our aquacise leader is Anna and she has done a wonderful job in holding the members’ attention while bringing fresh energy to the program.”
What are the benefits of water aerobics:
- Provides Buoyancy & Support: One of the major benefits of water aerobics is that it provides buoyancy and support for the body, making it less likely for the muscle, bone and joint to get injured. Water supports up to 80% of your weight, thereby causing less strain on the joints, back and torso, when compared to exercises performed on land.
- Quick Muscular Endurance: The high density of water, as compared to air, leads to increased resistance, thereby augmenting muscular endurance and tone. This means that water aerobics builds-up toned and endured muscle mass all around the body. Also, one tends to get quicker results exercising in the water, than on land.
- Improved Flexibility: The reduced effect of gravitational force in water leads to improved flexibility in the body. The joints can be easily moved through a wider range of motion, which makes water aerobics all the more beneficial as we age. Since there is no joint pain caused, exercise can be performed without any kind of anxiety.
- Improve Cardiovascular Conditioning: Water aerobics exercises prove to be extremely beneficial in terms of cardiovascular conditioning. For example, the heart rate is maintained at a lower rate when compared to cycling or running. The heart seems to work better when you indulge in water aerobics.
- Burn Calories: We all know that exercising is the best way to get rid of those bulging fats and ever-increasing waistlines. However, do you know that water aerobics is the more effective compared to land exercises? The former leads to a loss of about 450 to 700 calories per hour.
The Club at Boca Pointe opened its new, state-of-the-art Sports & Fitness Complex in February of 2015. It houses the Fresh Pointe Café, Physical Therapy services, Spa Services, a myriad of cardio classes including water aerobics, workout space with equipment and free weights, and personal trainers (at a fee), along with the Club’s pool. It is a beautiful facility that encourages members to think healthy! The Club invites you to call today 561-864-8539 to learn about the diverse membership options that will allow you to enjoy the Sports & Fitness Complex while making new friends and loving life! Or, if you rather, click here to learn all about it on our website!