The Club at Boca Pointe is the club that brings happiness to your life and adds a little change of pace to keep your calendar moving.
It’s like going to camp…with several exceptions. At the Club at Boca Pointe, you can pick and choose the activities or events in which you want to participate…you define your day of enjoyment! At camp, of course, this is not an option. At camp, it is rise and shine…at the Club at Boca Pointe you can relax, sleep in, and then find yourself in a day filled with friends and fun.
Like camp, activities are robust!
The Club at Boca Pointe didn’t forget the holiday season! Last month families covered the campus like parents day at the sleep away. In addition to the regular activities around the clubhouse, golf course, tennis complex and fitness center, there were family events like a Carnival, Noah’s Ark Bear Making Workshop, Magicians and “Clowns on Call” at dinner, a McCarthy Wildlife Presentation, and even a holiday de-stressing Affirmation/Meditation class.
In between holidays, Boca Pointe members fill their calendars with many other options. For example, January’s calendar hosted another wonderful Lynn Conservatory Musical Concert featuring a beautiful musical performance by pianist Chen Liang, who always receives a very, very long-standing ovation!! There is the Marleen and Harold Forkas Lifelong Learning Center hosted at Boca Pointe with an upcoming series on The Great Tenors from Caruso to Kaufman. Equally exciting is Heather Coltman’s Lecture Series that offers unique insight into the creative world of musicians.
If you like to go to Broadway shows, trips are planned to local theaters to enjoy South Pacific, West Side Story, and Sondheim on Sondheim. There are trips to enjoy concerts by magnificent artists as well as trips to the Miami City Ballet! Day trips also offer Boca Pointe members much fun!
Other highly popular weekly or regular events throughout the season include:
- Sunday Brunch Buffets
- The “What’s Up Group” with unique monthly entertainment, for example January is hosting speaker Iain Calder, an author and journalist. Iain was born in Scotland and joined the National Enquirer in 1964 as London Bureau Chief. After almost 36 years with the company, during which he served as Executive Editor, Editor in Chief, President and later CEO/chairman, he retired in 2000. During this time he saw circulation soar from about 700,000 per week to a peak of almost 5 million. Magazines edited by Calder have sold a total of over 4 billion copies. What a great lecture to hear!
- The TLC (Today Life Continues) club meets monthly, which is for single women. It offers special entertainment for the group such as Carol Cott Gross, who is an entertaining speaker and writer in New York and Florida. Presentations include Knock Wood/Kinahora: Multi-Cultural Superstitions Old & New: “Did you tie a red bow or your baby’s crib?” or “Do you wear an evil eye bracelet?” Afterwards, singles enjoy dinner together at the Club.
- Duplicate Bridge Member-Guest, co-ed Member-Member for card lovers!
- Monthly Golf Mixers, weekly league play, and Member-Guest tournament for golf lovers!
- Tennis league play and regular tournaments abound for tennis lovers!
- Regular events for Boca Pointe Singles, for example:
- Singles’ Shabbat Service (Traditional Reform) at the Club. Rabbi Lawrence Schuval will officiate with an Oneg Shabbat following.
- Singles’ Seminar “Suddenly Solo” presented by Hal Spielman. Learn to go from just surviving to thriving with Suddenly Solo author Hal Spielman. Hal has been featured on The Today Show, New York Times and AARP. He shows our members how to harness grief and create a new fulfilling life. Widowed after 32 years of marriage, Hal interviewed over 1,600 solo widowed and divorced men and women to learn the secrets of living and loving again.
- Inter-Club Singles’ Dinner Dance at off-campus. There will be twelve clubs at the dance. Enjoy elaborate hors d’oeuvres, one complimentary beverage (cash bar for cocktails), carving station, dessert and coffee, music by The Marc Cooper Quartet and valet parking
It is impossible to list ALL of the activities going on daily at the Club, but rest assure, there is something for everyone! If you are not a member of Boca Pointe, yet, we invite you to call membership at 561-864-8539 to learn about the many options. Or click here for more information regarding memberships.